A major recurring antagonist of the Kirby series. He is a jolly like monarch known to be fat and self-centered. Dedede causes many problems for the inhabitants of Dream Land through selfish mischief, such as stealing Dream Land's food supplies for a midnight feast, taking all of the stars from the sky, or merely just wanting revenge on Kirby. Despite this, he and Kirby have teamed up on occasions to take down a greater common foe. He has many of the same abilities as Kirby does, such as being able to inhale objects and spit them back out with tremendous force, and following Kirby's Dream Land, the ability to suck in air and fly.
Pkjd and Shambuu are the only two on NR who main the big lug and use him quite effectively. Kirbyfan used to use him, but drifted away from him over time. His Waddle Dee toss, Chain Grabbing and unpredictable suicidal suck up drop off level make him a very tough customer to take down. Dedede ranks 4th on the Brawl Tier List to show off this. Resurgence recently took the diabolical DDD under his wing and now actually plays him quite well.
Member's opinions on Kind DededeEdit
- Shambuu likes Triple D for his hilarious fighting style and his epic hammer of doom.
- Resurgence is happy to see that King DDD made it into Brawl. He rarely plays him though but is greatly humored by him in the "Hoshi No Kaabii" anime. Zoi.
- Kirbyfan66 loves Dedede's humor even more than Bowser's. He used to use him in Brawl, but drifted away from him.
- Sonic thinks King Dedede is godly. King Dedede just happens to be Sonic's favorite Kirby character. In fact, Sonic thinks King Dedede is so godly he calls him "King Dededepic" to show that Dedede is indeed epic.
- In the Hoshi No Kaabii anime, he always says "Zoi" at the end of his sentences.
- Dedede & Kirby were forced to team up in Kirby 64: Crystal Shards to defeat Dark Matter.
- A rather underrated character in Brawl, he is one of the most powerful, with his forward smash being closely equal to Ike's.
- In the Subspace Emissary, King Dedede is seen as a villian at first but is shown to have good intentions at the end, similar to his role in many Kirby games. King Dedede isn't nessecarily "Evil"; just rather misunderstood.
- King Dedede is the true hero of SSE, because if it wasn't for his magic pins, bringing characters back to life from their trophy state, the Sub Space army would of won and the world would be gone.