Kirby Super Star Ultra is a game for the Nintendo DS crafted by the hands of Hal Laboratory. It is a remake of the 1996 SNES success, Kirby Super Star, meaning Iwata just basically imported the whole thing onto DS to make more money. New game modes and tunes were added (oh boy!), more minigames (oh boy!), and updated grapics were put in(oh boy!). It was also the first Kirby game in over two years. A short preview was shown at E3 2008, but until September 22, no more information was added because Nintendo like to be secretive.
- As all games of the series, Kirbyfan66 adores the game.
- Resurgence was VERY pleased with the game and plays it whenever he gets the Kirby groove.
- It was the first Kirby game Sonic ever played, and it got him into the series.
- It is the second Kirby game that Kiske liked, the first was Kirby Air Ride.
- This game apparently does not get the Sylux seal of approval
- This is the first Kirby game Lavama has owned, let alone play, and loves it.
- This is the first Kirby game in which you got to play as helpers, like Knuckle Joe and Chilly (despite their popularity).
- Most gaming websites say this game is better than Squeak Squad, but worse than Canvas Curse. NR thinks that is crap.
- This is the fourth game Meta Knight was playable, the first being Kirby Air Ride (GameCube), the second being Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) and the third Super Smash Bros. Brawl.